Originally Posted by norrif
I can not get internet options to open in either my control panel or in tools. And the heading "internet options" below the font in control panel is gone. h e l p!
If you have Spybot.
Unblocking Internet Options In Spybot Search & Destroy
If Spybot is blocking Internet Options, you'll need to temporarily turn off Spybot's protection against abuse of the the "Internet Options" control panel. Just follow these steps:
1. Click on the "Start" menu
2. Click on "All Programs"
3. Click on the "Spybot - Search & Destroy" program group
4. Click on the "Spybot - Search & Destroy" program
5. When the main Spybot window appears, click the "Immunize" button in the toolbar at left
6. At the bottom of the window, you may see checkboxes named "lock IE start page setting against user changes" and "lock IE control panel against opening from within IE." If they are checked, uncheck them. This will enable you to use Internet Options.