Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Internet History and Virus Problem.

This is a discussion on Internet History and Virus Problem. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How can I completely Erase all or almost all traces of the history. I mean going furthur the into tools

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

How can I completely Erase all or almost all traces of the history. I mean going furthur the into tools and delete history. Also, when I scan my computer with AVG Free i get 2 thing coming up not as virus' but as changes, they are user32.dll and ntoskml.exe. What are those?

Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

it sounds like you have an infection follow the 5 steps here and let security have a look
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Hello and Welcome to TSF ibanezisthebest

Quote:
It is normal that AVG shows that files, the MBR or Boot record to have changed. These are done during normal maintainance, when you or windows updates files or have had to correct errors on the drive. The only time that you should worry is if they also show as infected.

To get AVG to quit showing them as changed, open the AVG Test Center, click the F3 key on your keyboard and tell it to accept the changes. If it still shows something as changed after this.. delete the file named AVG7QT.DAT in C:\ and AVG will rebuild it the next time it is run.
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/re...backpage=3,sv=

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
computer sending out spam emails
help, i keep getting a bunch of popups from symantec stating that the emails were not able to be sent, the subject line is spam and it is trying to be sent to hundreds of email addresses that i do not know. also, i have been having problems with my temp folder. i delete everything listed but as...
smiley_2007 Resolved HJT Threads 41 02-07-2007 12:22 AM
My mouse coursor is going wild.
The computer mouse coursor is going crazy please help. Here is my hijackthis log : Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 16:58:21, on 05/12/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes:...
hfb Inactive Malware Help Topics 9 12-16-2006 04:38 PM
Blocked out of some websites (Paypal, Ebay, Etc.)
I had this in another thread and was asked to bring it here. Here is the problem as I originally posted it... I recently encountered a Hijacked Home Page problem and through this wonderful site got all the software I needed and help getting it cleaned up and almost everything is A-OK. The...
t4t_wcps Resolved HJT Threads 10 05-15-2006 12:26 PM
Search200 problem can you help please?
I am so thankful for techsupportforum! Going crazy with this mean little trojan. I have downloaded and run Omegakiller, Hijackthis, and I have updated versions of Norton2005, Spy Sweeper, SpywareBlaster, Spybot. My system is XP. I can remove the trojan but it comes back. My Spy Sweeper let's me...
Jim Baker Resolved HJT Threads 30 08-28-2005 04:13 PM
O1 - Hosts will not go away!
I am working on my relative's computer and they have O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 auto.search.msn.com, O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 search.netscape.com, and O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 ieautosearch that I can not get to go away. I've deleted them from HJT as well as going through SafeMode and they still come...
Domer06ND Resolved HJT Threads 22 05-02-2005 07:52 PM