Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Internet Explorer - Empty Drop Down Boxes and No Pop Ups

This is a discussion on Internet Explorer - Empty Drop Down Boxes and No Pop Ups within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 8100 with Internet Explorer 6.0 and am experiencing the following problems: 1)

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 8100 with Internet Explorer 6.0 and am experiencing the following problems:

1) On some webpages, drop down boxes are empty. But when I check that same page on my other computer, the boxe have available values.

2) On many retail sites, when I click "see a larger image" of the product, nothing happens. Again on my other computer, typically a new webpage ora popup comes up witht the larger photo.

3) When trying to upload a picture to a website (e.g. eBay) it just hangs. Again, on other computer this works fine.

I checked out my security settings and ensured that pop up blocker was not on. Can't figure out what else is causing the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

If you go to Tools > Options in IE and go to the Security tab what is your Internet zone security settings set at? They should be set at medium by default. Higher settings are more secure but can break some web pages.

If you want to test if security settings are the issue you can either temporarily lower them or add one site that is breaking that you trust to the Trusted Sites zone (uncheck the all sites must require https checkbox) and see if the site works normally.

Also, are you running any security software on the one PC that you're not running on the other?

BMR777

RusnakWeb - Web Development Tutorials
Closed Thread