Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

InstallShield error 0x80004005 / 0x80040708

This is a discussion on InstallShield error 0x80004005 / 0x80040708 within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey everyone. i tried to install a game today and when the installshield setup wizard comes up it loads until

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

hey everyone. i tried to install a game today and when the installshield setup wizard comes up it loads until a little bit at the end then it comes up with something on the lines of:

Error 0x80040708
Description (0x80004005) unspecified error

i checked to see if it was the game so i tired to install another game that i had recently deleted off of my computer and it did the same so its my computer. i've looked all over the internet to no avail. i've never had this problem before and its really annoyed me since i only got this game today =/ but hay ho thats how it goes i guess. i've tried using regcure and uniblue registry booster which neither worked and now this is my last shot. can anyone help please?