Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Buckster_uk 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message, the main message said "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". After rebooting, I got the same message. Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen.

I used my Dell OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP. It asked for a place to partition/fragment Windows, and then it went through copying files etc.

After that, I tried to restart, I got the normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen, with only a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner.

I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F11 option to recover Windows XP, I can only either choose F2 or F12 at the initial boot screen.

Please help, I really do not know what to do!

What is the blue screen error message all about? I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem!

Help!

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok, I ran the diagnostics test from F12 on boot, then it said No Diagnostic Utility Partition Found. To run diagnostics, insert your Dell "Drivers and Utilities" CD.

I only have the Dell OS Recovery CD, I did try using this and rebooted windows, when it came back on it told me to press any key to boot from CD, but none of the keys actually worked.

I will try and use another Windows XP CD to see what happens.

Any other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.