Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Incredimail Problems - Urgent!

This is a discussion on Incredimail Problems - Urgent! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok so, im at my mums house, leaving tomorrow, and i need to fix this tonight! She's got this email

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Ok so, im at my mums house, leaving tomorrow, and i need to fix this tonight!

She's got this email program called incredimail, and, insists on having it because of its nice animations and backgrounds etc.

Everytime we try and send/recieve mail it comes up with:

Outgoing server mail.optusnet.com cannot be found. The following case(s) may cause this problem. (then it mentions zone alarm blah blah blah)

Incoming server pop3 cannot be found. The following case(s) may cause this problem. (more zone alarm stuff)

Ive gone through the zonealarm troubleshooting on the incredimail website, did everything and no change. I even exited zonealarm and the problem still occured. Then i checked the accounts, they were all right, i removed them then did them again, taking the information from outlook express and the problems still happened. I then exited my avast antivirus incase that was the problem, and the same thing happened.

any help?

Old 04-24-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
Team Manager
Articles Team

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to chauffeur2

Hi helen_rules,

Incredimail™, although a very 'pretty' email program is in fact very intrusive indeed.
It is common knowledge that the operators of Incredimail™ are in Israel, and because of that they can do alll sorts of things that would be considered as an invasion of privacy in many countries (including Australia).
When using Incredimail™, any email that you send is only 'relayed' by your ISP (Optusnet) to the Incredimail Server; then, Incredimail 'send' the email (but not before they have recorded the sender and receiver's email addresses and the email contents in its database, for on 'selling' to advertisers.)
In view of this, perhaps Optusnet (I used to use them as my ISP until recently) have 'censored' Incredimail's Server IP address and classified it as SPAM.
One way to check this is to open the Optusnet Desktop Service Centre that came with the installation of your (presumably) D-Link DSL-302G Modem (if you are on Broadband), and then sign in to your mum's Web Mail Account and see if the Spam Filter is On or Off...if it is On; then, chances are that the Incredimail traffic has been Blocked as SPAM for the reasons I have said.
So if your mum still insists on using Incredimail, you can switch Off Optusnet's email SPAM filter; however, this will not prevent all kinds of SPAM etc from being sent to her.
My sincerest advice is to tell your mum to forget Incredimail and go on to Google™ and search for the free smilies etc. that are available for emails, and use them and the Optusnet email through Outlook Express™.
If you need some information about free email attachment type programs, just PM me and I'll send you some details of ones that are known to be safe to use.

Kind Regards,

If it works, Don't fix it!
Especially if Microsoft made it!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thankyou so much for that!

I completely removed incredimail using an online guide, so now its gone.

I then downloaded thunderbird, made an account from scratch also using an online guide, and its still not working!

Ive checked zonelabs and its letting it through.

thanks in advance