Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IE7 not working. Other browsers work fine.

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Nexxtech 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I am hoping that one of you whizz kids can help me. For a few weeks now, IE7 only works around 50% of the time. When it stops working it attempts to connect to internet sites but nothing happens. It acts as if there is no internet connection at all. It is the same for all internet sites. I can try it again 10 minutes later (without re-booting the PC) and it will work fine again for a while.

My internet connection is 100% stable and other browsers such as Opera work fine, even when IE7 stops working.

I tried uninstalling SP3, SP2 and IE7 and reinstalling them all but it made no difference. I am currently running XP SP3. I tried posting in the virus/malware section of this site but the experts can see no evidence of any malware or trojans etc. My system appears clean.

Do any of you have any ideas why this is happening? It happens maybe 10 times per day on average and is very annoying.

#4 ·
Hi Balaji

Sorry it's taken a while to reply. I tried resetting IE7 but it has made no difference. It is still showing the same problem.

One thing I have just noticed: If I have a couple of IE7 windows open at once (not two different tabs, but two completely different windows), then sometimes I get the error in one window but not in the other which is really strange.

This is driving me nuts. I have an IE7 add-on called Packing Partner which handles all my eBay invoicing and labelling. I cannot switch to another browser for my work... I have no choice but to stay with IE. By the way, the add-on is not the causing the problem, it worked fine for months before I started getting this error.

Can you or anyone else suggest anything for me to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.