Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC problems.

11K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  hitech 
#1 ·
I just reformatted my Dell Dimension 5100c with windows XP SP3. I was installing the drivers, all successfully, except one (mentioned in the title). It has a yellow circle with an exclamation mark on the name in the device manager. When I turn on my computer it says "new hardware found" (it calls it an audio device on high definition bus or something similar to that) and i click install from recommended source online. It downloads some files, then this command prompt-like box appears and tries to start audio device. Then it gives me Code-10, "this device can not start." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, but that's about it. I've never had the problem before. Help is appreciated and if I'm missing any information to give I apologize.

#4 ·
Looking for the answer but have you tried going to windows update and do the custom one, once it gets done look on left hand side at hardware and software updates it may be there. Also in device manager if you double click on the device that has yellow exclamation mark then click on driver at the top then click on update driver what happens. If that doesn't work click roll back. Post back.

#5 ·
Well I did find some updates there, and I'm installing those, nothing that I believe to be linked to my driver, but might as well dload them. If I update the driver it says it can't find a software better than what I have, if I click roll-back it says no driver files have been backed up for this device.

#9 ·
From what I read the first thing I would do is go to device manager and uninstall the IDT high definition audio the one with the yellow exclamation, once it is uninstalled if it asks to restart I would but on restart I would not try to reinstall when it finds new hardware just cancel through it. Whether you restart or not then go to the link below, download the chipset driver and the audio driver then restart. Good Luck!

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...osl=en&catid=&impid=&SystemID=DIMENSION 5100C

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.