Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDT High Definition audio Code 10 error

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  VCinRI 
#1 ·
For some reason I lost all sound on my PC. Yellow exclamation point at IDT H D audio. No sound device available on device manager. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, went to Dell's website for up dated drivers, no luck. When I update driver thru "add hardware wizard" it says no better driver available, then I get unable to start device "IDT High Definition audio Code 10 error"
I think I have been just about everywhere looking for help. I see a lot of same trouble when I "Googled" it but no solutions.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,
VC

#2 ·
please tell us the brand name and model of your computer, VCinRI. there are so many IDT HD audio drivers out there that are OEM-specific [meaning specific to certain PCs like HP, Dell, Gateway, Sony, etc.] and will not work for your specific type of computer. don't expect IDT to release "generic" HD audio drivers on the IDT web site because IDT only provides them to computer manufacturers, not to end-users like you and me.

#5 ·
Go to the Dell site - enter your Service Tag number and get the list of drivers that came with YOUR computer.

Read the instructions for installing audio drivers and follow them.

Since you may have a hodge-podge of bad installs, download Revo Uninstaller abnd check for any audio drivers and remove them BEFORE trying the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.