Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I really need help, downloaded SP3...

643 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  POADB 
#1 ·
Hello. I downloaded the new sp3 update yesterday and followed all the instructions and i was ready to restart my computer. When i did, everything went fine until after the loading screen it gave me a blue error screen. Since i needed the computer in working order, I used a pc recovery tool (pressed F10 when it started up) and did a non-destructive recovery which took about 20 minutes. Then after that was done i had to restart and do the windows first start up thing. Then i finally finished and saw that all of my custom features and files were no where to be found!:upset: All my applications and games that i downloaded are still in shape, but all of the custom features (like background, WMP playlists, Updates) were all gone. so is there any whay which i can restore my old settings? I need to have all my original settings as soon as i can please :mad:.

#2 ·
Hi cloud366, it sounds like you have done a repair install. When you pressed F10, did you choose Last Known Good Configuration from the boot menu?

Also, check in C:\Documents and Settings for a duplicate profile. It could be that your original profile has corrupted and Windows built you a new one.

All those type of "custom features" live in your local profile.

#3 ·
Ok thanks for replying. I did press last known good config. but also gave me the blue screen and restarted it. I did find all of my documents and a duplicate in documents and settings but would it bring back the original settings if i deleted the duplicate?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.