I/O Device Error
I tried to get a .daa image file from a DVD using PowerISO and it came up with this message.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O Device Error"
I googled this and I got the Microsoft Help site and a few other sites, but they all said the same thing, word for word.
This is the instructions:
Method 1: Change the transfer mode for your CD drive in IDE Channel Properties
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
2. Under Computer Management (Local), click Device Manager.
3. On the right side, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
4. Right-click the channel where your CD drive is connected, and then click Properties. Typically, this channel is Secondary IDE Channel.
5. On the Advanced Settings tab, in the Transfer Mode box for the device that represents your CD drive, click PIO Only. Typically, this device is Device 1. Then, click OK.
If the issue is not resolved after you change the transfer mode for the secondary IDE channel device 1, your CD drive may not be located there. Use the same procedure to change the transfer mode back to DMA if available. Then, repeat these steps to change the transfer mode for IDE devices in the following order until the issue is resolved:
• Primary IDE channel, device 1
• Secondary IDE channel, device 0
Note Primary IDE channel, device 1 is connected to your boot disk. This is the hard disk that typically contains your operating system.
I got into the Device Manager and then the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, but then I started to get confused. I tried the instructions but it still doesnt work, so I have a few questions.
What does PIO Only and DMA if available mean? Which drive should I do this on?
Any help would be appreciated.
How do I know which channel my DVD-Drive is connected to? There are two Primary IDE Channels and two Secondary. There are also two Intel....(lots of numbers and names).... options as well.