Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I need help enabling options in the bios, please

810 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 ·
I got a dell uniplex gx270, and it won't boot from the dvd-rom drive, i went to the bios menu and i can't change it. It seems that anything in blue (not white) lettering will not respond to input. Only the hard disk seems to be enabled, and i don't know the password i wanted to install a new O.S. but can't without the rom drive working. thanks for all help:pray:

#5 ·
F12 is boot options, yes i did try that. It doesn't give a boot from cd option. I think the drive is disabled, as in the bios menu under boot configuration of the three options only hard disk drive C has a check mark next to it. It says to press space bar to change or +,- to move up or down, but it won't respond. These options are all in blue lettering, and i can't affect them, i can't affect anything that isn't white lettering

#6 ·
Looks like the BIOS has been locked down with an administrator password not allowing you to change certain options, including enabling other boot devices. Unless you know the admin password which was used to lock down the BIOS, it is going to be difficult to get it to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.