Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno any other way to describe..

883 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  red_phoenix 
#1 ·
I dunno what is up. But whenever i am on a video chat with windows live (as of now, never before) ever now and then i here a computer like ping or a crackle. It sorta switches sounds all the time, but it isn't the person on the other side of the chat. It happens random, and when i close the webchat it stops.

I had gotten a blue screen before this started happening, something about windows had to shutdown to protect some file. However i don't remember anything else about the blue screen. My friend has no idea whats wrong, he had the same problem and dell had to come out and fix it. I don't have it under warranty anymore and we really don't have dell anywhere near us.

It would mean a lot if you were able to help me. Sorry i can't capture the ping sound, but think of pong. Sometimes it is higher pitched, others it is low. But it is really really strange.

#4 ·
Ummm...does nobody have any help. ?

I have noticed that when i have only webcams going it won't happen. I have not yet tried mics but plan to. My friend said that there were 3 (4) options:

1.Get yoir dell guy if under warranty
2.Get over it or fix it yourself (i would try, but i don't know if it will work)---he tried but it didn't work. Some freaky thing in command prompt he wrote to fix any audio problems he knows about.
3.A miracle happens ------omg...this actually may have happened.
4.Post on some gorum or whtvr

#9 ·
If you are getting a blue screen could you post the contents of the BSOD this would be helpful?

When you get the BSOD do you or does the computer reboot?

#14 ·
Well, i am on 8.5. So idk XD i think i am completely upgraded.

I guess it really hasn't been heard anymore. So i did a system restore which may have fixed whatever problem there was. I guess this should stay open a few more days and if i don't have a problem with this anymore it should be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.