Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Deskjet 656c Won't Print On Windows XP Pro

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Shawn.F 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Ok, basically I have an HP Deskjet 656c (also known as the apollo 2500/2600). The problem I have is that it will not print anything when running on the Windows XP O/S. I used to have it hooked up to my ME O/S machine and it worked fine. When I attempt to print off of any word processing program (even notepad) the printer just sits there, and it doesn't even get pooled. When I run it inside of the print assstant it feeds the paper through, and nothing is printed.

- I assumed that the driver CD that came with my printer, was for windows 95/98/ME/Millenium...SO I went to the HP site and downlaoded the driver that stated it was for the Windows XP O/S. I did a complete clean installation of it, following the onscreen and websites instructions. The same problem above had occured when I tried to re-print..

So basically I am not sure if it is my computer, O/S or the driver file?

Sorry for the long read, hope it was clear enough to understand...if not just post and Ill clarify anything :smile:

Thanks for reading!

P.S - I am running Windows XP Professional, and when I say clean install I mean removing it from add/remove, deleting it from the printers/faxes and also deleting files in the Program Files folder

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.