Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

How to get your Cpu out of Power Save Mode?

This is a discussion on How to get your Cpu out of Power Save Mode? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. how can i get my cpu or monitor out of power save mode? on the monitor it reads press any

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

how can i get my cpu or monitor out of power save mode? on the monitor it reads press any key or click the mouse to make it exit out of power safe mode, but for some reason my keyboard or mouse is not on and it's like stuck, can anyone help me PLEASE!!??

Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Enthusiast

That can sometimes happen if a screensaver "kicks in" first, followed by power-saving mode. Usually only happens with third-party screensavers, although on XP it can also happen with the built-in screensavers to. If you set a screensaver it's best not to set any power-saving features. Conversely, if you set power-saving features don't set a screensaver. The two can sometimes conflict with each other.

Try one of these:

Press the <Enter> key.

Turn off the PC by pressing and holding the power-on button for 5 seconds, release button when it turns off. Now press to turn it on again.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them
Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Change your power saving settings. Right click a blank space on the Desktop/Properties/Screen Saver/Power. Also go to the Hibernate tab and uncheck Enable Hibernation./
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lag in Dragon Age: Origins
I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC. My PC surpasses the minimum requirements for the game and it runs really well for about an hour until it begins to get really sluggish. Around this point the loading times will increase and the frame rate will drop. What would cause that? ...
AndyJP PC Gaming Support 9 01-30-2011 07:47 AM
Laptop power and cpu issues.
Hello, I've recently been getting a warning during boot up saying that unknown AC adapter is plugged into the computer (this is off the top of my head, I can look it up if need be). It is the same cord I have used since I bought the laptop (3.5 years ago). Now the battery is no longer charging at...
Krouger Laptop Support 10 01-23-2011 10:02 PM
psu 4+4 pin cpu power connector
I've just bought an ocz 500w proffesional 80+ psu after a cheap one showed it's true colours. The problem is the case and paperwork state the psu to have an 8pin power connector (4+4) but I only have one that I can see. The only other thing remotely close is a pci express power cable which has two...
jacobwake RAM and Power Supply Support 3 01-19-2011 07:51 PM
Pc continueously making a sound like it's going to power save mode
Hey guys, I'm new here and have a problem, I wasn't sure where to post this so sorry if it's the wrong place. Anyway, my computer had been doing the same sounds it makes when it goes to power save mode, repeatedly, for a couple of times every once in a while, randomally(perhaps when the CPU got...
Nec Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 01-06-2011 10:16 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM