Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

how to get rid of a software completely frm my PC

This is a discussion on how to get rid of a software completely frm my PC within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i had panda antivirus in my system ..but for some reason i cant get rid of this software ..its not

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

i had panda antivirus in my system ..but for some reason i cant get rid of this software ..its not showing in program files and not even in add/remove programs ..but whenever i try to install norton antivirus on my system ..it shows there is another antivirus software in ur system so setup cannot continue ...b'coz of this antivirus my system is unable to connect with internet ...
any suggestion ????

Old 04-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Team Manager, Articles
Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

My System

Hi

See if this helps

Quote:
Download UNINST_v1011.exe

## It's IMPORTANT that you save this file to Desktop. This file should never be saved directly to the C:\ drive.

Double clicking UNINST_v1011.exe will open an MS-DOS window.
Press Y to start the process.
When the process completes, the message NEED REBOOT appears on screen.
Restart the computer to complete the process.

Note: This process could take a few minutes.

PC Safety & Security::PC running a bit slow?::Photographers Corner
Old 04-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

What version of Panda antivirue did/do you have?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Registered Member

This came directly from Panda.

Dear Customer,
I am contacting you regarding your query.
In order to manually uninstall Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005 from your computer, follow these steps:
1.Copy the UnInstLsp.zip and UnRegDll.ba_ files to the computer's hard disk.

2.Restart the computer in Safe Mode. To do this, on starting up the computer, press function key F8 repeatedly to enter the start-up menu. When this menu is displayed, select the Safe mode option.
3.Decompress the UnInstLsp.zip file and copy the UnInstLsp.exe file to the antivirus installation directory, C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005, by default.
4.Open the antivirus installation directory and double click on the UnInstLsp.exe file. By doing this, the antivirus LSP component will be uninstalled.
5.Rename UnRegDll.ba_ to UnRegDll.bat
To do this, right click on the file, select Rename and type UnRegDll.bat
6.Now execute UnRegDll.bat and accept all displayed messages.
7.Then, open the Windows Registry to remove the antivirus keys. To do this, click on Start -> Run, type REGEDIT and click on Ok.
Note: For accessing these registry keys, click on the + sign next to each of them until you reach the one indicated in bold. Some of the files or registry entries may not exist. Thus, delete only the below mentioned files and, if any of them does not exist, proceed to next step.

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Panda Software
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version, select Run folder and, on the right pane, delete APVXDWIN and SCANINICIO entries.
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions\MAPISENSOR
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions\PAV
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices\PANDA ANTISPAM SERVER SERVICE
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E91563B4-D9EC-11D5-A2BB-00606771B69D}
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetFlt
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PASSRV
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PAVDRV
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PAVFIRES
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PAVFNSVR
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavKRE
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavProc
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavProt
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PavPrSrv
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PAVSRV
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PREVSRV
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PSIMSVC
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ShldDrv
8.Exit the Registry Editor and restart the computer in normal mode.
9.Then, from the Windows Explorer, delete the following folders:

• C:\Program Files\Panda Software
• C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software or
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld if the previous one cann't be deleted.
• C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E91563B4-D9EC-11D5-A2BB-00606771B69D}
If this folder is not displayed, it is probably because the option to Show all hidden files and folders is not enabled. To view this folder, open the Windows Explorer, click on View--> Folder options--> View tab (for Windows NT) or Tools--> Folder options--> View tab (for Windows 2000/XP), and under Hidden files and folders, click on the Show hidden files and folders option. Click on Apply and OK to save changes and verify that the folder is now displayed.
10.Remove the following files:
%windir%\system32\drivers\shlddrv.sys
%windir%\system32\drivers\pavproc.sys
%windir%\system32\drivers\pavdrv40.sys (En Windows NT)
%windir%\system32\drivers\pavdrv50.sys (En Windows 2000)
%windir%\system32\drivers\pavdrv51.sys (En Windows XP)
%windir%\system32\drivers\pcontnt.sys
%windir%\system32\drivers\Netflt.sys
%windir%\system32\drivers\cpoint.sys
%windir%\system32\Pavipc.dll
%windir%\system32\SYSTOOLS.dll
%windir%\system32\PavSProt.dll
%windir%\system32\PavSkre.dll
11.Finally right clic on the shortcut in the toolbar and in the start->Programs->Panda Platinum IS 2005 menu to be delete.
Restart the computer to save changes and install the antivirus again.
Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again

Also I have these files but am not sure if we are allowed to upload them or not. If you want to email me you can and I can send them to you.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

thanks for your reply guys ..but the problem with this issue is ..i am unable to connect with internet to download these files which u guys mentioned ..anyways i m trying to attach this hard disk with another hard disk as slave and trying to connect with internet ...would it works ....???? could u please tell me some ways which i can check on affected computer so that i can connect to internet thru this computer ....
Old 04-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #6

Uninstalling Panda to install NORTON ??

Are you sure you want Norton on your system ?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:03 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindudhindsa View Post
thanks for your reply guys ..but the problem with this issue is ..i am unable to connect with internet to download these files which u guys mentioned ..anyways i m trying to attach this hard disk with another hard disk as slave and trying to connect with internet ...would it works ....???? could u please tell me some ways which i can check on affected computer so that i can connect to internet thru this computer ....
The two files that I mentioned are a combined total of 28 kb so if you have a floppy drive on the computers you could download them to the computer you are currently using to get to the internet and xfer then that way. Let me know if you need me to email the files.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliggyracin View Post
The two files that I mentioned are a combined total of 28 kb so if you have a floppy drive on the computers you could download them to the computer you are currently using to get to the internet and xfer then that way. Let me know if you need me to email the files.

Thanks!!!
Here are the files that I recieved from Panda to remove this. The RemPIS2005.zip contains the document on How to remove and the other two are the files that were mentioned inside. All three files have been scanned on my machine and are virus free.

Thanks!!

Iggy
Attached Files
File Type: zip RemPIS2005.zip (17.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: zip UnInstLsp.zip (8.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: zip UnRegDll.zip (254 Bytes, 32 views)
Old 11-08-2007, 05:40 AM   #9
Registered Member

hey thanx for the info on the removal process. i used it and it worked like magic.