Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

how to disable speaker while listening to headphones on pc?

This is a discussion on how to disable speaker while listening to headphones on pc? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey when i plug in my headphones on my windows xp pc sound comes from both internal speakers and headphones.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

hey
when i plug in my headphones on my windows xp pc sound comes from both internal speakers and headphones. i tried everything nd if i mute speakers both headphones and speakers are muted. please some one help me.......

Old 02-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Speaker Settings/Advanced/Speaker Setup take the drop down arrow and choose Stereo Headphone
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No speaker sound but sound with headphones
Hello. I currently have a HP dv6-1216sa There is no sound from the built in speakers but sound is present once headphones are connected. The speakers actived if the headphones are put into the mic jack. This is a new problem and only occured after pulling out the headphones recently. The with...
popatre Sound Cards 4 02-07-2012 11:26 AM
Wireless Headphones on TV cut off TV Speaker
Hi, My parents recently bought a new LG Plasma TV model 50PJ350. My dad has bad hearing and uses wireless headphones to listen to the TV. On the old TV we used the audio out RCA jacks to stop the TV speakers from cutting off. On the new TV there are no audio out jacks except for the 3.5mm jack...
rob.tomas Home Theater 1 01-09-2011 12:58 AM