Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to change clock from 24-hour to 12-hour format?

60K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnthePilot 
#1 ·
I have windows XP Professional, and the clock is running on the 24-hour plan, which I don't like. I thought it would be easy - just go to date and time on the control panel ... but no such luck. How do I switch over to the 24-hour format?

#2 ·
hi, go to control panel, go on Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, click the item 2nd down in the list which says change the format of numbers...., click the time tab, go to time format and set it as h:mm:ss tt, the big H is 24 hr the small h is 12 click ok, and ok again. thats should do it for u.

#3 ·
Out of interest, the method is slightly different in XP Home Edition (unless scottydont got it wrong for XP Pro. Only kidding :smile:). In Control Panel, go straight to Regional and Language Options. Then click Customize next to the displayed language. Select the time tab and alter the format as scotty described, i.e. HH for 24 hour, hh for 12 hour.

#7 ·
Hi,

That's two things I've learnt today. Us lesser mortals have to use the methods that stare us in the face. :pray:
Actually, that's not strictly true (about learning two things I mean). I've just been reading this month's PC World. Lot of useful info in there. Just wish I'd read it before I got involved in a thread about BIOS settings.

Regards,
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.