Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help with upolading videos Please help ! Thank you

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  aew28 
#1 · (Edited)
What video codec and size, format,frame rate, and audio and video bitrates should I use to enhance the Resolution of a video and which of these I should use to upload it to Photobucket ? It is an old video probably copied from tv in about the mid 60's I have tried converting to several video codecs and formats but, still can't get my video to upload to photobucket or anywhere else ! If I I need Advanced Codecs or Video Formats to di this please let me know where I can dowload them for free !

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me with this !

I have had a thread in the Graphic Design, Digital Imaging, and Multimedia are of the Design forum and have not been able to solve this
problem !

Pease refer to the Screenshot in the second post from the bottom in the thread below
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15...-youtube-please-respond-thank-you-297372.html !

NOTE TO MODERATOR: If I have posted this in the incorrect section please move to the correct one. If you do move thid thread plaese please send me a message with a link to where you have moved it !
P

Thank you !

Amanda

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yes, it didn't work ! It Is Photobucket that I want to upload to, though ! I need to know what the best qualiy High Resolution High Def video codec, display size, video format,frame rate, audio codec, audio and video bitrates input, and output settings should be to create and upload a maximum quality video to Photobucket !

Thank you !

Amanda

#4 ·
Well, what format is the source video (container and codec) and what format did you convert it into that photobucket didn't accept?

I would think most sites would work well with MPEG-1, AVI with DivX 5 or 6, AVI with Xvid, or AVI with MJPG. Those are probably the most widely used formats nowadays. If you want to go with MOV you can try H264 or Sorenson 3 (SVQ3). I'd avoid other more exotic containers though. And keep the resolution down somewhat. I don't think they like HD stuff - like 1920x1080... it'd be a waste anyway since they resize it to a smaller res.

#5 ·
#6 ·
What *snip* [blah blah blah] *snip* should I use to enhance the Resolution of a video *snip*
Just wanted to point out. You can't "enhance" a video. The source is the best quality you'll ever get. Beyond that, any encoding (except lossless) will always degrade the video somehow. That's why you want to be careful when shooting your videos.
There are ways to alter the video so it looks better (through filters - like sharpen, blur, brighten, contrast, etc.), but it's not really considered "enhancing".

#7 ·
Does anyone know of a Video Edtor that I could download for free that would let me edit and inprove the quality of videos in formats other than AVI, Such as MP4, DV, ASF, WMV, or MPEG 1 or 2 and have the output format the same as any of the ones I just mentioned. Without changeing the output format to AVI ! Also, does anyone know where I can download High-Definition versions of the afformentioned video formats that I could use to edit videos in ?

Thank you !

Please, let me know if you can help !

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.