I updated to Google Earth 4.3 earlier today but now if I try to open it I get an error message saying that 'DirectX' mode not supported.
It gives 4 fix suggestions:
1) Set color depth to 'True Color' (32 bit) in display properties
2) Start Google Earth after waiting a minute
3) Close other applications (particularly if they use 3D)
4) Download and install DirectX9.0c or above by following the link
Here's what happened:
1) I already had it set to 'True Color' (32 bit)
2) Tried starting after a minute - same as before
3) No other applications were open
4) Downloaded DirectX as per instructions
I still get the same error message. I found from Googling that it might be a problem with the graphics card/drivers. I think the graphics card is a SiS AG200T8-64 ( I hope I got that right!). I went into the advanced tab in the display properties and asked it to search for an updated driver, it put on version 6.13.0010.3030
This also makes no difference to opening Google Earth though.
Does anyone have any suggestions?