Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

get rid of favorites bar in my favorites

This is a discussion on get rid of favorites bar in my favorites within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Need help.How do I get rid of the favorites bar in my favorites.Just as fast as I delete it, It

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Need help.How do I get rid of the favorites bar in my favorites.Just as fast as I delete it, It pops right back again and again. I have XP. It is driving my son and me crazy.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

Are you removing it by right clicking in the title bar and unchecking favorites bar?

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPC View Post
Are you removing it by right clicking in the title bar and unchecking favorites bar?
The bar I am talking about is in the favorites under the star on the lift side of 8.When you click on the star it shows all of your favorites.I have a favorites bar that keeps poping up in there
Old 12-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
computer wizard

What are you saying,you open your favourites and inside that folder you have another folder called favourites?

What version of internet explorer are you running?

Google is your friend
Old 12-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

I have internet explorer 8. When I open my favorites there is a folder called favorites bar along with all my favorites.You can delete it and before you close and reopen it is back again
Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
computer wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggieboy58 View Post
I have internet explorer 8. When I open my favorites there is a folder called favorites bar along with all my favorites.You can delete it and before you close and reopen it is back again
You have me totally lost,If you created the folder you can delete it,

Google is your friend
Old 12-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

I have the same issue doggieboy, I finally gave up and just delete it eveytime it comes back.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Registered Member

My son says open the favorites then rightclick on the favorites bar,Then click on properties.UN check read only and put a check in hide.Click apply then click this folder only.He says you also have to go into your favorites folder in my documents and also and do the same.He said to make sure you empty your recycle bin.and restart.I had to do this two or 3 times but I got rid of the favorite bar in XP and vista and 7