Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

fssm32.exe using too much memory

This is a discussion on fssm32.exe using too much memory within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. Most nights, at about 2am, fssm32.exe starts using pretty much all my avaliable memory. The process is part of

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi.
Most nights, at about 2am, fssm32.exe starts using pretty much all my avaliable memory. The process is part of F-Secure Internet Security 2006 OEM.
I've already done a lot of research into fixing the problem but nothing seems to apply to me.
Just wondered if anyone knew how to fix this problem?
Thanks.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Codeman0013 Send a message via MSN to Codeman0013 Send a message via Yahoo to Codeman0013

Does this have build in antivirus? Sounds to me like its either scanning for viruses or malware on your machine at that time. Look in the settings and see if there is a better time you can do it if that time is bothering you.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman0013 View Post
Does this have build in antivirus? Sounds to me like its either scanning for viruses or malware on your machine at that time. Look in the settings and see if there is a better time you can do it if that time is bothering you.
Yeah I thought it could be that but the sceduled scan is every week on a friday but it slows my computer on random days.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Did you see this one?
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/lofiv...php/t5718.html
Vista Repair
Downgrade Vista
Old 06-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinbard View Post
Yeah I've looked there... didn't find anything that help me out at all.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Registered Member

Turn your f-secure internet suite 'firewall' off - as soon as I did that - the I/O writes in the windows task manager stopped (went up every second until 172K and would go higher - as well memory usage was at 91mb using 40 threads)

I still am seeing the lsass.exe i/o writes rocket up 3 per second on my machine - but at least the fssm32.exe process has stopped doing massive i/o every second.