Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

folder entirely deleted

This is a discussion on folder entirely deleted within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. win xp pro a folder with lots of programs in it, is nearly entirely deleted !! this was after i

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

win xp pro

a folder with lots of programs in it, is nearly entirely deleted !!
this was after i restarted comp.

i have been installing lots of programs because i had to reinstall win xp. but i check every program with avast antivirus before install. last program that i installed, but after that immediately uninstalled again (wrong folder), was sony vegas pro 10. then i restarted the comp, and then i noticed the folder with programs was nearly deleted !

i am very shocked, that a folder could be deleted this way. what is going on here?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

i also checked the folder, i wanted to delete the folder, but the remaining files "cant be deleted because they are being used by windows" ? which is very strange, because the folder is not in the win xp partition, and also i made the folder myself. and the remaining folders, winrar and d-tools, both have these message for example: "cant delete rarext.dll. access denied. check if drive is protected against writing or that it is in use"

Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Management Team Networking

I would suggest your run chkdsk /r on each partition to make sure your drive platters are good and you don't have file corruption
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet explorer favorites folder
Last weekend I got hit with 2 trojan viruses (win32/tibs.it and win32/faksysdef). MS essentials AV caught them, cleaned, and dumped them. When I opened ie9, I had no folders or links in my Favorites. I tried to import from my backup but got only a partial transfer of folders, subfolders, and links...
chefterry45 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 6 02-17-2012 06:31 PM
Huge Outlook Express Folder tree
Hi, I probably have thousands of emails neatly filed in various folders in Outlook Express. I need to keep all these emails but want to 'trim down' the content in OE. But then I also need to be able to access any that I remove from OE. Can you think of a way to 'lighten' my OE folder...
stuff4 Windows XP Support 7 02-17-2012 04:42 PM
folder icons not loading
this has happening to me on and off for a month or so now, sometimes when i open a folder, in the sidebar on the left of the window, the icons have a little magnifying glass hovering over them, also my cursor has the search circle thing appear under it, once this happens every folder i open...
baddie Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 02-14-2012 03:56 PM
how to make the windows xp in a folder file to bootable iso
Hello everyone somebody can help me in my windows XP professional sp3 in a folder file to make it bootable iso image.. I am second year computer sciences student. tech me how to do it.. what software can i use.. i tried powerISO,magicISO. I don`t know if nero can make it. please thank...
zzcern Windows XP Support 1 02-14-2012 02:38 AM
Recovering a specific folder
I will tell all the information that I could possibly give. I installed Folder Lock 7(Folder Lock 7 - Lock, Encrypt and Backup files | Free Download), and created a locker. The extension for locker files are .flkb, and I put all of the important files I had in it. Afterwards, I moved this locker to...
pvpkiller Hard Drive Support 6 02-13-2012 05:54 AM