Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

explorer.exe. net framework unable to find a version of runtime to run this applicat

This is a discussion on explorer.exe. net framework unable to find a version of runtime to run this applicat within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. after a virus removal i get this pop ups when i start my pc "explorer.exe. net framework unable to find

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

after a virus removal i get this pop ups when i start my pc "explorer.exe. net framework unable to find a version of runtime to run this to application" usually like 6 or 7 sometimes more than that. also i get a text document open when i start up the pc,any help is really appreciated.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:48 AM   #2
CCT
Helper

Some or all of your .Net framework programs(s) was affected.

Do any appear in Add/Remove Programs?

If they do, uninstall through there.

If they don't, or do and won't uninstall, then use the .Net removal tool -> Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 - Aaron Stebner's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

After that, reboot and use MS Update to get them installed again (you start with 1 and work your way up).

Old 06-04-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

THANK YOU I INSTALLED 1.0 AND SCAN WITH MALWAREBYTES AND IS ALL FIX UP THANKS