Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

everex stepnote nc series, NO SOUND!!

This is a discussion on everex stepnote nc series, NO SOUND!! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please help, I have been searching the net trying to figure out how to get sound back on my son's

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Registered Member

Please help, I have been searching the net trying to figure out how to get sound back on my son's computer... I have had NO luck and only managed to download files of no help at all :(

As far as I can tell the system is missing the multimedia audio driver but I am not sure how to get this driver or if it is even the reason I have no sound.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager, any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed. What is the model # of your Everex Stepnote NC laptop? You should only download drivers from the Manufacturer. Here is a page to download drivers if it is a 1501, 1502, 1503 model #. Everex - Personal Computers Since 1983

Old 07-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

it says that my laptop is missing the multimedia audio controller, there isn't a yellow flag next to it there is a giant yellow question mark. My everex is a stepnote nc 1500. I went Everex' website and got no assistance from them, as they had no drivers available to download for my machine. Thank you for looking into this, however, I am still without sound :(
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
CCT
Helper

Will the one here download ? -> Everex - Personal Computers Since 1983

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Muffled Sound in PC
Some days ago I started noticing that the sound coming from my PC suffered from some kind of muffled distortion. I use earphones and theyre perfectly fine, since they work properly with any other device. Windows 7 x64 (Completely updated according to automatic updates) Realtek High Definition...
Sellord Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 10-30-2011 10:26 AM
No System/Flash Sound
Hello everyone. I'm new to here, so please do advise if I miss anything. I'm currently facing problem after my PC crash earlier. There is no problem with the sound before the crash, so its definitely due to crash that cause the lost of system and flash sound. My system specs are listed...
CircleOfLife Windows XP Support 1 10-12-2011 03:03 PM
Sound suddenly not working, please advice
Hi, I'm having a strange problem with the sound on my PC and I'd greatly appreciate any of your advice. I realize the text might be a little too long for someone (I tried to be as thorough as possible) so I've written a short version of the problem as well. Short version: Ever since...
Dex203 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 07-13-2011 11:33 AM
BSOD and viruses i need help please
First off I wanna thank anyone and everyone who helps. I am new to this and realize you do it not because you have to, but because you want to help, so thankyou. Before attaching these zip files I will try my best to describe everything that is happening. OS: Windows 7 I Believe its 64 bit but...
cims10fau BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-21-2011 04:26 AM
Vista to XP Downgrade Compaq/ HP F700/G6000/DV6900/DV6700/DVx7xx/DV9800 Series Laptop
GUIDELINES Please read the following:. I have compiled a list of drivers for the Compaq Presario/HP F700/G6000,DV6900/DV6700/x7xx and DV9800 series laptops with an AMD Processor ONLY. These drivers have been used "Successfully" to downgrade these laptops from Vista to XP. I must warn you....
BCCOMP Laptop Support 3 11-04-2008 07:58 PM