Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Error-The procedure entry point...could not be located in the dynamic link library...

This is a discussion on Error-The procedure entry point...could not be located in the dynamic link library... within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Every time I load a data CD on the PC I get the error-"The procedure entry point" (different procedure e.g.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

Every time I load a data CD on the PC I get the error-"The procedure entry point" (different procedure e.g. "ndPaint") "could not be located in the dynamic link library " (different .dll filename e.g. "USER32.dll"). Virus scan comes back clear..Spybot clear...anybody help.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:42 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via AIM to quizme1220 Send a message via Yahoo to quizme1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosh
Every time I load a data CD on the PC I get the error-"The procedure entry point" (different procedure e.g. "ndPaint") "could not be located in the dynamic link library " (different .dll filename e.g. "USER32.dll"). Virus scan comes back clear..Spybot clear...anybody help.
Take a read on this http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsu...&ErrorID=21261 and you can go here www.dll-files.com to dowload any missing .dll files. Hope this helps.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

quizme the error message you put up was for "STOP: 0xc000026C [Unable to load device driver] XXXXXXXX" not "The procedure entry point..could not be located in the dynamic link library .." What you say may work though by replacing the USER32.dll file... but as it is a server computer I have to make sure that it is and of course shutting down the computer for while can become a hassle. Was the web address the one you meant?
Old 02-27-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Sorry about that DOSH getting old hearing, sight and a couple of other things are going . This is where you should go http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;142606
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #5
Registered Member

quizme1220 the next website (Microsofts) doesn't mention Windows XP...it refers to Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. Right error...though it doesn't give a resolution to the problem just talk to the vendor. Does it apply to Windows XP?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosh
quizme1220 the next website (Microsofts) doesn't mention Windows XP...it refers to Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. Right error...though it doesn't give a resolution to the problem just talk to the vendor. Does it apply to Windows XP?
Windows 2000 and Windows XP are based upon the newer "Windows NT" architecture, which replaces the DOS base with the NT kernel, providing a far more stable and secure environment. The down side is that the support for Windows NT is not nearly as strong as it is for Windows 9x/Me, especially with regards to specialty hardware (such as video capture devices, game controllers, etc.) and games.

Windows XP, released at the end of 2001, is intended to be a single, unifying product, replacing all Windows lines. XP is based on the Windows NT kernel (it's actually only a slight revision of Windows 2000, and is known internally as Windows NT 5.1) and should eliminate the problems of all its predecessors, including the scant industry support of the NT line and the poor performance and reliability of the 9x/Me line.

Hope this answers your question .