Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error 3 cannot find specified path for print spooler!! Cant start Print Spooler.

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Lydokane 
#1 ·
I cannot force the start of print spooler in services or msconfig on WXP, so I cannot install my software for my printer. I have gone to Microsoft and nothing to help out to force the spooler to start.
Any ideas? Registry?

#4 ·
I get the error that is in the title of the post. I think it is a failure of the registry. I even just plugged in the printer and everything went fine on the Wizard till it said RPC was unavailable. I restrted RPC. Nothing. Microsoft has you go through the registry. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757and this doesnt work. It all started today with a spoolsv.exe alert on my Nortons. then everything went capooey.

#5 ·
Steve,

Have you searched your PC for the spoolsv.exe file?

Also, what name/make/model printer are you using? Is this a brand new printer or a printer that you have had for a while that just quit working?

Of what little info I can find about faulty print spoolers much if that is centered around Lexmark printers. It does seem to be a registry issue though. I'm trying to find the right key to check/edit.

Lydokane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.