Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

EOleException problem???

This is a discussion on EOleException problem??? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

Some of the work that I do requires that I download a company's software that will allow me to do their call center work from my home. I recently stopped working for a company and thought I had removed all of their software, but now I find that when I open programs that have certain types of pop-up documents or boxes (for example, my e-mails account that I have on a Microsoft Outlook Web Access Exchanger Server site), when the e-mail message box pops, an “Error” box pops at the same time that reads:

“An EOleException Exception occurred in module PhoneLink.dll with message “Access is denied.” OK."

When this error box pops, it locks up everything until I click the “OK” button at the bottom. Then the error box goes away and everything’s back to normal. I need to get rid of this problem as quickly as possible so this locking up won't interfere with future work that I am planning. Does anyone know anything about this and how I can get rid of it? Thanks!

Old 06-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Team Manager
-Microsoft Support
-Home Support

Have you tried asking your old work?

“You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.” ~ Jim Carrey (Ceremony speech)
Old 06-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Roaming To Help

Hi

Can you go into Start>Run>type: eventvwr.msc and hit Enter to see if there is any more information about this error under "Application" and "System" please (double click each right hand pane event for further information).

Also run a system wide search for PhoneLink.dll and post back the directory/ies you find it in.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

I had finally found out how to fix it, something very similar to what you suggested, Kalim. I did a search from start for phonelink.dll. When I found it, I just went to the folder it was found in and deleted it. I know this was risky, because I may find out in the future that it messed something else up. But for now the problem is gone and so far nothing else bad has happened. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Roaming To Help

Well, that's good. Although I didn't yet say delete it, I would've told you to remove every occurrence of it to a different directory, so that you can replace it if ever need be.

If the software is uninstalled, the DLL will not be needed, hence you did right. You're welcome.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
Registered Member

Well, you're right, I was very nervous about deleting it. I'll remember that for the future in case anything like this ever happens again. Thx again.