Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

eMachines eM250 keeps restarting

This is a discussion on eMachines eM250 keeps restarting within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a acer emachines eM250 laptop and i everytime i turn on the computer the microsoft windows xp logo

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a acer emachines eM250 laptop and i everytime i turn on the computer the microsoft windows xp logo comes up then a blue screen blinks up and then the emachines logo comes up and then a page saying they they apologize for the incovenience comes up stating that the windows didnt start up successfully and they gave me a choice on how i should start up windows and i tried every option they have and the computer still restarted the laptop DOESNT have a cdrom drive so i cant insert a cdrom. is there any other way that i can get my laptop to stop restarting and if there is any way can you please let me know

Old 10-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Boot Order. If you have the option to boot off of USB then create a Windows XP USB Bootable Flash Drive. Boot off of the newly created Flash and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Drive Fitness Test in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn and boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and extended tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wlan problem whit emachines e440
hi guys i have a Emachines e440 notebook that use win 7 Ultimate (that is not genuine). i've downloaded and installed wireless lan driver from site but when i press the keys to turn on wireless they are not working( wireless logo is always off on the laptop lights. and i can not see its icon on...
Reza.Deabae Laptop Support 1 08-27-2011 09:28 PM
eMachines t5048
Hi I have an old eMachines t5048 desktop that originally come with windows xp media center, now i just make a format and install a windows xp professional sp2... However I have some problems with the drivers for the PCI Device and the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller... I've tried with...
yasha_ou Driver Support 5 08-14-2011 12:47 AM
computer is restarting
hi i have a problem with my computer. it it restarting by itself after exactly 60min. Just before that I hear some fan to spin faster. Fan on my power OLD suppy died so I bought a new one. i had this problem once more and I found some solution online. In many cases, a blue Fatal...
BlackBird1983 RAM and Power Supply Support 7 08-12-2011 09:30 PM
T3395 eMachines Drivers needed
I have a T3395 eMachines that is set up for my 2 kids to use for simple games and some homework. It was stolen 3 weeks ago and has been subsequently recovered. Unfortunately, the 3-ring binder that contained all my software, backup disks, and documentation has not been recovered. Whoever took it,...
tcuillier Driver Support 5 04-26-2011 02:39 PM
[SOLVED] Restarting after Windows Updates
After I do the automatic updates on windows, should I be restarting? I usually don't. I get that nagging popup every 20 minutes then i eventually shutdown my computer instead of restarting. But I was wondering.. is it absolutely necessary to restart?
Rockafeller Windows XP Support 1 02-08-2011 09:20 PM