Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Does Advanced System Care Pro really work, or is it just a useless product.

This is a discussion on Does Advanced System Care Pro really work, or is it just a useless product. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have heard a lot about programs and applications that "clean/fix your registry" or whatever that means. I am curious

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have heard a lot about programs and applications that "clean/fix your registry" or whatever that means. I am curious if I run a deep clean on this, would it really help my computer instead of just making the entire computer worse than before. If this is a bad program to use, what is a good one then? Also I have used CCleaner before, only reason why I started to use Advanced System Care Pro is because it seemed to have more options to "seem" better I suppose.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

use advanced system care pro at your own risk. Just because it has more features does not make it better and just like other registry programs, it could royally mess things up if you are having problems and you use it to try to fix things. I have also seen them cause problems on perfectly working computer because of deleting so called orphan entries on the registry.

the only results you see in most registry type programs are because you are cleaning your system of temporary files. Those files take up limited folder space and will slow your computer down when the folders and or drive gets too full.

the answers will still be the same as your other thread.

Whats a good list of programs/apps to make my computer faster/organized/less errored

Old 05-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Moderator Offline

Yes, stay away from it at all costs.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Registered Member

yea. use it at your own risk.

me im using ASC since 2009 so far no errors i found. i also recommend this to my customers and friends. so far i dont hear any complain about the product. i think this is a good product with good number of small apps..