Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Display setting won't stay

This is a discussion on Display setting won't stay within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here's my problem. I changed my display properties - monitor refresh rate to 75 Hertz from 60. But when I

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Here's my problem. I changed my display properties - monitor refresh rate to 75 Hertz from 60.
But when I later start up the computer it goes back to 60 Hertz. (which makes the desktop icons on CRT Monitor look stretched.)
I suppose there must be another place I can change the setting so it will stay at 75 Hertz. Maybe in the registry?
Any suggestions?

Old 11-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
tractorboy2

what OS do you have ?

basically right click on a blank part of your desktop, left click properties

you should see a slider bar to increase or decrease your screen size + resollution settings

...if that does not work you may need to DL new vid drivers, your not running in safe mode are you ?

Old 11-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

I'm running XP.It's an old CRT Monitor, so I am using XPs plug and play driver.

It's not the resolution. I go into the "Advanced" button under Settings and am changing the Refresh rate. This leaves my monitor how I like it. BUT, when I start the PC later or the next day it goes back to the old refresh rate.

I am not asking how to change the display (I know how to do this) I am asking how to keep the settings from changing back!
Old 11-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Try this: http://www.download.com/XP-Keep-per-...-10260437.html If that doesnt work there is another program that i use but i forgot the link, ill try and find it if this doesnt work.