Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

desktop icons are blinking

This is a discussion on desktop icons are blinking within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my desktop icons are blinking. when i start windows task manager, explorer.exe was lost and then appears for a second,

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

my desktop icons are blinking. when i start windows task manager, explorer.exe was lost and then appears for a second, then disappear again..

Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi
My Name is Kaushal and I work for Dell social media and community at Dell.
In order to help you better I need some more information about your computer.

1:-what is system model and which operating system are you using?
2:-Have you tried to boot the system in safe mode and checked whether are you facing the same issue there or not?

Thanks
Dell Kaushal P
Dell Media Responder

Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Try a System Restore to a time before this happened. Ash Kaushal dell said, boot into Safe Mode, does it still happen?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #4
Registered Member

i realized that if I plug out the LAN cable, blinking would stop, but if I plug it in again, it will continue to blink again. Thank you for the reply, I hope you can help me.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Registered Member

A friend of mine had something similar, all the desktop icons were flashing she said. Tried online virus scan, nothing, tried Norton, nothing. Tried mine:
Total Defense | Anti-Virus & Internet Security Software
Fixed the problem..
It's a 30 day free trial, so you don't have anything to loose if no one else has a suggestion
Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

What is the make and # of your computer? Go to the computer manufacturers support/download drivers type in your make and model# and download the Network Adapter for your computer.

Closed Thread