Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Constant Explorer Error

903 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Guardian 
#1 ·
I tried searching but there were just way too many results for me to filter through, so if this has been answered, could you just link me to the answer please.

Anyways, I have been having this problem for months now and by now I am about ready to throw my computer out my window... which wouldn't do me any good since I live in the basement BUT it does drive me crazy.

Every now and then I will get an error saying that my explorer has had an error and must close. I used to click report, but eventually I just clicked the don't report or continue button or whatever it is. At that point, it shuts down explorer.exe and reboots it.

It is getting really annoying and I really would like to know if there is a fast and effective way to fix it. I have noticed that often I will have a program called cmd.exe running in my processes and I'll just close it through task manager. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I know that shouldn't be running, but yet again, I have no idea how to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.