Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Connection Reset All Browsers

This is a discussion on Connection Reset All Browsers within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Not sure if this is the correct category, but I am an XP user and this problem presists on all

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Not sure if this is the correct category, but I am an XP user and this problem presists on all of the internet browsers I have installed on my computer (Firefox, IE, and Crome).

A month or two ago, I noticed whenever I tried to surf the web on IE or Crome, the page never loaded. As a 99% of the time user of FireFox, I ignored it and figured the problem was something minor and I would worry about it if FF ever went down. Well, last night, FF automatically updates itself and now I have to worry about this problem.

Every time I go to view a website, ANY website, I get the "The connection was reset message" on FF, "Page Cannot be displayed on IE", and I am not sure on Crome as I deleted earlier it and had the intent of reinstalling it...

Furthermore on this issue, I turned off my Virus Software and Firewall, rebooted, etc. Shortly ago, I reset my modem and router and I was able to peruse Google for a limited amount of time until the problem quickly came back.

I am writing this on my other computer which is on the same network and had has no problems on any browser. I have tried pinging websites through command prompt and I actually get replies from websites. Also, other applications like AIM work fine and I am able to FTP my web server without any problem on my problem-computer.

I have a Add-on called "HTTP Watch" on FireFox that monitors requests being made on the web page. I have launched that and all it says is that "1 request" is made, but nothing is being "heard" in return back.

I'm baffled. Can anyone help me find a solution to my problem?

Old 06-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Registered Member

Disable Addons on Firefox

1.Open Firefox & click on Tools
2. Go to add-on. A window will pop up showing all the add-ons installed on your browser.
3. Click on the addon & click on disable button & now that add-on is disabled.

This will disable the add-on on your Firefox browser. To enable it you need to click on the enable button by following the same steps.

Disable addon on Internet Explorer

1. Open your Internet Explorer window.
2. Click on Tools > Manage Add-ons.
3.Click on Toolbar and Extension in the left pane of the window. This will show you all the add-ons that are installed on your I.E. browser.
4. Click on disable by selecting each add-ons.(Disable buttons will be found above the close button and below the window pan.)

Disable the addons and check, if it works than there might be problem with any one of Addons installed.