Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Computer will not recognize me as the administrator

This is a discussion on Computer will not recognize me as the administrator within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to install the driver updates from HP into a newly reformated computer. The computer will not recognize

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to install the driver updates from HP into a newly reformated computer. The computer will not recognize me or any profile that I set up as the administrator. I even reveiled the hidden administrator profile. can anyone help me? I need to get the computer finished within two hours. Help!!!!
Thank you in advance.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Right click on the setup.exe files select properties>Security locate your user account name then select Full control. then click on OK

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

What is the model # for your HP Computer? Are you installing Windows 7? Your profile says XP and you are posting in the XP Forum? Did you download the driver from the HP Site?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

I agree did you download the drivers from HP's website? If they are from a 3rd party website other that the hardware's manufactures website do not follow the steps I mentioned.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Closed Thread