Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

computer stuck in safe mode

This is a discussion on computer stuck in safe mode within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have an acer aspire 5670 laptop which runs with windows XP. When I turn my laptop on the

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi I have an acer aspire 5670 laptop which runs with windows XP. When I turn my laptop on the windows logo appears and then all I get is a blank screen. Other times it will let me run in safe mode, but then I can't connect to my wireless internet connection. And nor can I get out of safe mode. Have tried sysrem restore but that wont work either. Help!???

Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

If you choose Safe Mode with Networking as apposed to just Safe Mode, you can connect to the internet. In Safe Mode, go to Start/Run and type chkdsk C: /R and hit enter. Now type a Y and reboot the computer. The Check Disk Utility will run at next bootup and try and fix any errors.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 03:27 PM
computer is stuck in safe mode
Hello! I have an hp pavilion ze4900 laptop running windows vista home premium. The problemed started last night when i hooked up the laptop to our tv. I plugged in a wireless keyboard and mouse in the usb drives. The computer loaded the drivers no problem and the computer seemed to work fine. ...
cssltx Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 01-31-2011 06:49 PM
[SOLVED] Internet (Browsing) only works in safe mode
Hi all, Yesterday I picked up a laptop of a friend of mine which had some problems with the Internet connectivity. Turns out, Internet only works when booted in Safe Mode, however, it does ping in Normal Mode so there is connectivity. Tried IE and Firefox, both do not work in Normal Mode and do...
swriezebos Networking Support 2 01-25-2011 07:49 AM
BSOD, safe mode runs fine...sometimes
Ok, I am continually getting bsod when operating in non safe mode. Sometimes when I try to enter in safe mode, I get a bsod. But, if I get into windows in safe mode, it usually does not crash. Acer says they'll repair it but it will take at least 2 weeks. I'm in school and don't have that kinda...
Justin_Garrett Laptop Support 1 01-23-2011 11:16 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM