Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Computer Running Slow And Jerky

This is a discussion on Computer Running Slow And Jerky within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello it's me again, Been awhile since I've last visited this site as I haven't had any major problems with

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello it's me again,

Been awhile since I've last visited this site as I haven't had any major problems with my PC for some time now. Unfourchantly I'm not so lucky this time, my PC seems to be running really slow and jerky lately. I tried System Restore but it seems no matter what date I choose it keeps saying something along the lines of: "System Restore could not restore your computer to the specified time."

I've been going over it with my Father(who builds and programs PCs as a hobby) he can't seem to figure out whats wrong with it either but he says it might be a virus on the count that I used to download alot until my PC started acting-up. I'm thinking something in the hardware might be losing power because my PC can't seem to handle doing more than two things at once anymore without getting really really slow to the point of, alot of times, freezing.

If anyone could please respond to this whenever you have the time I would really apreciate it.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day,

PS: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that some time ago I may have 'accidently' deleted some 'core' files that were only recently restored. I don't know if this helps or not, but I'd liked to know if it's best that I start from scratch again(which I'm totally cool with) or something.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (42.2 KB, 15 views)

Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

how well does it run in safe mode?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Diagnostic Report

Start Menu > Run > dxdiag
Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Do you have SP2 or SP3?
Old 08-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to elf

If you think your computer may be infected we recommend that you read this article… "IMPORTANT - 5 Step Process: Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

After your system has been verified as clean, if your are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.

Alternatively, a fresh install would likely solve the issue...assuming it is virus related (or related to those 'core' files you deleted).

If TSF has helped you, Tell us about it! or Donate to help keep the site up!
I do not subscribe to threads, so if I stop replying, PM me with a link to your thread so I can find it again.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Registered Member

Exclamation

Hey it's me...again,

I just had my entire PC cleaned out of software and reinstalled all of the basics. I'm still having problems...>o<

It just keeps getting worse, first of all: it took me like 3 tries to start it up in the first place as it gave me a black screen with stuff about the Hardware Moniter and a list of different measurements and stuff like 10V for CPU or whatever. Then it says something like: "error could not startup from disc press Crtl alt del to restart"-or something like that.

When I finally got it to startup it didn't take long to hear that oh so familiar "CLICK" from the PC it's self then the red light went on (on the PC it's self) while it kept "CLICK"-ing and surprise, surprise everything starts getting slow and jerky(just keeping the mouse from 'jumping' everwhere when I moved it was a feat) and now even the sound is stuttering and jerky like eveything else on my PC.

I think it's the Hardware really this time as I kept getting that black screen with "Hardware" stuff on it whenever I tried to start the PC up. Also the instent "CLICK"-ing and red-lighting always comes from the PC it's self whenever it's starts to mess-up. It's been cleaned out of software and clean installed so I don't think it's a virus or related to the core files.

Here's the Dianostic thing, let me know if something is too low or high or something doesn't seem right.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (40.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

With the error messages they have to be a little bit more accurate this - or something like that. is not a good part of the error message if you get what I am saying.

Also I would like you to check some temperatures in your computer by running this program:

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures

http://www.almico.com/speedfan432.exe
Old 08-31-2008, 02:50 AM   #8
Registered Member

Vcore1: 1.36V -12V: -3.56V
Vcore2: 1.63V -5V: -4.96V
+3.3V: 3.28V +5V: 4.96V
+5V: 5.03V Vbat: 3.18V
+12V: 11.26V

By the way, the "Temp3" (whatever that is) keeps going getting a flame sign next to it.