Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Computer lock window position

This is a discussion on Computer lock window position within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I lock my computer with Windows + L the "Computer Lock" window always comes up in the center towards

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

When I lock my computer with Windows + L the "Computer Lock" window always comes up in the center towards the top. Given my way awesome new desktop of Mr. Freeze I was wondering if there was a way to change the position of this window through a reg entry or something. As it is the window perfect covers up his face and it's just not cool (pun unintentional).

I've tried looking through the registry myself but I'm not too terribly savvy when it comes to looking for functions for Windows. Does anyone have any insight on this? Is it possible?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Registered Member

This is exactly the same question that's been bothering me for a while and I haven't figured it out yet.. did you find a solution meanwhile?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

it might be that your screen resolution is wrong and needs adjusting slightly
Old 10-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGibson92 View Post
it might be that your screen resolution is wrong and needs adjusting slightly
That's not the problem; my screen resolution is fine, the window pops up where it's designed to pop up, I just want it to default to a different location if possible.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absentblue View Post
That's not the problem; my screen resolution is fine, the window pops up where it's designed to pop up, I just want it to default to a different location if possible.
Indeed, like absentblue says, the window pops up in the center of the screen as it suppose to do..doesn't mather what resolution you have, it will always stay in the middle..

But I (we :) ) want to be able to move it to another location, like in the right/left upper/lower corner..or even out of the screen range so you only see your background, and when you press ctrl alt del the screen for typing in your password will pop up in the middle again..
Old 04-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #6
Registered Member

Found any solutions?