Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer boots to black screen after Windows splash screen

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BadAnimal 
#1 ·
Last night I downloaded a file from a Torrent site - Blackberry stuff (I'm pretty sure most or all was freeware stuff). I just noticed that that file has been removed. Kinda unfortunately because I did leave a comment on what happened to me and I asked if anyone else had the same issue. I'm guessing maybe they did because it is gone now.

I ran my AVG scan on it before opening it. It didn't find anything so I ran the executable. It locked up at one point after I started getting virus warnings from some new program (I did not write down what any of it was :-( ).

I had to do a hard shutdown. When it came up to my choices window, i.e. choose Safe Mode, Last Know, etc. I was unable to make any selections with my keyboard so it continued to boot Windows normally. The XP splash screen comes on and then the screen turns black with nothing further happening.

I can do a hard reboot but I can't get into Safe Mode because the keyboard isn't working and normal windows isn't working either.

Got any suggestions? Do I have some serious funk? Did some piece of hardware decide to stop functioning properly (power supply)?

I have been Googling this issue without any success. Sometimes it feels like you are the only one to ever have a particular issue.

This happened very late last night and now I am at work so I'm not able to touch it for the next 5 hours or so. The only two things that I can do right now is go into the BIOS settings or watch it go into Windows and then get the black screen.

I have not tried booting with any CDs or floppy disks yet.

I need a solution please. Has anyone else experienced this exact same issue?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.