Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Command Prompt Problem

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  techman86 
#1 · (Edited)
Every time I try to run command prompt it says "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator." It says that even though I AM the administrator. Even when I change the registry value and re-enable it, when I turn it off and then back on I still get "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator." I have even tried group policy editor;I set prevent access to the command prompt it to disabled and the back to not configured and even keeping the setting on disabled, it worked at first, but when I turned my computer off and the back on I still got "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator." Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
have you tried disabling the settings in the registry and the group policy, seeing if you can get a command prompt immediately thereafter, and then after restart check to see if something has reset those settings back to enabled? perhaps you have a logon script or some 3rd party software (possibly virus/spyware) that may be changing these settings automatically back. sometimes malware does this kind of thing to place roadblocks/try and prevent you from removing itself. most people don't know what a command prompt is until they are trying to remove a virus... if that is the case, it is a good possibility they will have some trouble understanding group policy and registry as well, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.