Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Closing

970 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sst1226 
#1 ·
Hello, Im currently having a problem with my computer. It seems with programs such as WMP, Ares, Winamp and a couple other programs close after a period of time by itself and gives me a stupid error....I tried re-installing my computer alltogether but it didnt make a difference, I dont know if this is connected to another problem i've been having where as my computer occationally gives me a B.S.O.D and the error is ( to the best of my rememberance ) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....

Thanks..

#2 ·
i have the same error sometimes on my Inspiron 5000 laptop, is this a laptop? or desktop? im thinkin it's my HD, already tryed the RAM

#3 ·
Sadly enough, every time I've run into it it's been a hardware error. Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing I would do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. Go to the store, buy a fancy new heatsink with a ball bearing fan (don't need it binding like a bushing fan will eventually do), pick up some thermal grease while you're at it, and install. Your problem will likely go away.

Post back if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.