Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

clipboard viewer and character map

This is a discussion on clipboard viewer and character map within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For some unknown reason, I can no longer locate my 'clipboard viewer' nor the 'character map' which were formerly located

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

For some unknown reason, I can no longer locate my 'clipboard viewer' nor the 'character map' which were formerly located under 'Accessories-Systems Tools'

I have tried to use the Search facility to locate them and there are no results available for either one.

How can I view the contents of my clipboard? of the character map?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Maybe? Restore missing shorcuts to the Accessories group

What Happened to Clipboard in Windows XP

Here's how to find the ClipBook Viewer and how to place it on your Start Menu or Desktop:

1. Click Start. and then My Computer (or click the My Computer icon on your desktop *)
2. Open the C drive, and then double-click on the Windows folder (you may need to show hidden files by clicking Tools, then Folder Options and select Show hidden files and folders).
3. Next, double-click the System32 folder.
4. Scroll down until you see a file called "Clipbrd.exe" If you don't see this file, it may be located in the System32 folder in C:\WINXP. If you still can't find it, do a system search for it (click Search, All files and folders, and enter Clipbrd.exe).
5. Once you have found Clipbrd.exe, Click once on it, (so that it's highlighted) and then drag and drop it onto your Start button. This will install a shortcut to the Clipbook Viewer. Or you could drag and drop it onto your Desktop - it's up to you - whichever is handy for you.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Fantastic! I now have both my clipboard viewer and character icons on the Start menu
Many thanks.
Ken