Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Change user account picture via command line

19K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TheOutcaste 
#1 ·
Is it possible to change the local user account picture at the windows logon screen via a command prompt.

Reason I need to do this is because I have about 200 workstations where the same exact local account needs to get created and a specific user account picture needs to be applied.

#2 ·
I don't know about copying just the picture. Log in as an Admin on the computer with the account you want to copy and Right click My Computer/Properties/Advanced/System Profiles. Highlight the Account you want to copy (you cannot be logged into the account you want to copy) and choose Copy To. Choose a Network Share. Then Copy it to each of the computers in question that you want to have the account on. this should also include the picture.. Maybe someone can write a batch file that would send it to all of the computers in the network in one click.

#3 ·
The User Account pictures on XP are stored here:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
They are named the same as the User Account they belong to, Username.bmp, 48x48, 24 bit color, 96x96 dpi
Select the picture on one PC, let Windows convert and name it, then just copy it to that folder in all the rest of the PCs.

You can copy the file before the account is created.

As far as I know, info on the user account picture is not stored anywhere in the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.