Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't login -personalized settings/files disappeared?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CCT 
#1 ·
The last week or so, our computer has been really slow. A couple of days ago, when I tried to login to my personalized settings (as opposed to my husband's), as soon as I click on my name, a box came up, saying something along the lines of "personal file corrupt - cannot load settings - will login as guest." So irritated that I didn't write it down exactly.

So l clicked OK or ESC and it would basically log me in as a new user/guest. No settings, favorites, anything. I click on My Computer and see Husband Files, My Files, Shared Files. Click on Husband Files and all of his files are intact. My Files - nothing. There are no document. It still lists My Pictures - but nothing is in there.

I ran a malware program yesterday and it seemed to "catch" a few bugs. This morning, I logged in, and it let me through without the box - but then automatically logged me in as a guest user again.

Not sure if I'm describing this well enough - please let me know what else you'd need to know. I'm freaking out - of course my documents include all our budget stuff, pictures, etc. (they're backed up for the most part, but still).

Thank you!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.