Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can't log on/start Windows without password

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  l_b_rex 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

A couple of days ago (while trying to get a Mac and Windows machine to talk to each other), I created a password for my Windows machine. However I had originally set it up a couple of years ago, when I turned the computer on, the system simply booted and came up and loaded programs.

Thinking that the networking problem might be because there was no password on the Windows machine, I created one (how I wish I hadn't). Now I can't just start the Windows machine...I have to wait for it to come up with the log on page and then type the password.

I tried something found when I googled how to stop this behavior (some sort of automatic log on procedure....didn't change the registry or anything like that) but all I get now after I turn the machine on is the message: "the system could not log you on Make sure your User name and domain" etc., etc. Then a log-on box comes up and I have to enter the password.

All I would like to do is get back to a state where I can turn the computer on, walk away, and return to find it up and running with everything loaded. I do not want to use System Restore to do this due to some recent changes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Win

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.