Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't install Display Drivers after clean install

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dunedin 
#1 ·
I'm typing this from my laptop (Thank goodness I have one). Alright, on my Windows XP desktop I installed the Flyakite OSX Tramsformation pack that makes your Windows computer look similar to Mac, including boot screen, login screen, shutdown screen. When I used the uninstaller it uninstalled everything except those three things above. My computer was also very slow. So I decided to do a clean install of my system using the CD that came with my computer. I formatted my hard drive then it continued with the installation. When it was finally over, it loaded very fast but the screen resolution was at 640x480 and I couldn't make it larger (The slider wouldn't move. The colors were Medium (16 bit) and it was the only option in the drop down box. Troubleshoot didn't help me at all so I clicked Advanced. I couldn't even access the dropdown box for DPI setting (It was greyed out and on Normal Size (96 DPI)) Under the Adapter tab in Advanced, all of the Adapter Information was <unavailable> (Is this normal?). Under the Monitor tab, The Monitor type was "Default Monitor" and the Properties button was greyed out and I couldn't click on it. There is also only ONE thing under Add or Remove programs: Dell Resource CD, which I had installed while trying to fix the problem myself. I tried to install the monitor driver but in the readme on the CD it told me to go to Monitor properties to install them (But it was greyed out) Someone PLEASE help me fix this! My desktop is practically unusable (Can't install my network adapter because I can't even see half of the Setup window because of the unchangeable resolution.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.