Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

cant get onto any anti virus sites or microsofts website

This is a discussion on cant get onto any anti virus sites or microsofts website within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, ive completely exhausted all ideas so i need to ask some of the really clever guys on here about

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

ive completely exhausted all ideas so i need to ask some of the really clever guys on here about this!

let me start from the beginning, literally one morning i switched on my computer and had no audio what so ever, 1st itunes wont play music and upon futher investigation i have very little video sites working too. the media in general is very slow? i reinstalled my sound card etc, says its all working fine. but its not.

anyway, after alot of research from forums it sounded like direct x needed to be installed again? thought i would try it, went to download it and cant get onto the microsoft site, or any anti virus sites! very confused as my laptop will allow me to, just not my pc.

does any one on here have the faintest idea whats going on? i have just downloaded avast anti virus onto another machine to put it onto a usb stick and install on the infected pc. running a system scan now.

if anyone really clever can help me it would be much appreciated as i use the audio on my computer 24.7!

thanks very much guys

Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

You are infected with malware. Please proceed to the Virus/Malware/Trojans help" link in my signature. Follow all post instructions to the letter.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search