Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Cannot uninstall adobe creative suite 3 master collection

This is a discussion on Cannot uninstall adobe creative suite 3 master collection within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am not sure I am in the right forum area for this, if not please let me know.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I am not sure I am in the right forum area for this, if not please let me know.

Here is the problem: In the past I had installed adobe creative suite 3 master collection on my computer and later when i was having problems with the computer it was one of the first things I removed because at the time I didn't need it. When I did that it looks as though it left some files behind because I saw in the start, program, adobe soundbooth. I proceeded to add/remove programs and creative suite 3 is there but when I click on the button it doesn't do anything. So I put in my cd hoping to do a repair or to load the one program from it that I now need but when I do that it says it's installing and then disapears and doesn't ask for disc 2 like it normally should. I know my cd's work but I think the old files that I can't remove are the issue. Can you help?

Thanks!

Jus me

Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

OS: XP Home SP3 x3 /XP Pro SP3/Vista Ultimate SP2/Win7 Pro 64-BIT

Welcome back to TSF

Try using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. As long as you installed the application using the Windows Installer, this utility will remove all the folders, files, registry keys, and entries from your system and allow you to start over with a clean slate.

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
Locate and run msicuu2.exe to install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
Locate and launch the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility on the Start menu.
From the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility window, locate the application in the list and click the Remove button.
Once the application has been removed, click the Exit button to close the utility.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hello Geekgirl,

I loaded the installer windows clean up and clicked on the files to remove and then it came up with a message that said it would remove all programs that used the installer and that it was a permanent change. I have other programs that use it so I don't want to remove them all. Am I misunderstanding what it's asking?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

You only chose which ones you want to remove, it wont remove them all it only lists them
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Registered Member

O.K., I'm a goober. I just realized that and it's working. Now my only dilema is being able to tell if some of the files go along with it; in the add/remove programs it just lists adobe creative suite 3 and in this list it shows everything separately. I think that it might also include some of the files like one called Adobe video profiles. I think this may have just done the job, I will try to reload just dreamweaver and see what happens. I will let you know.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
Registered Member

I can't seem to get the program to load. It only says "initializing creative suite 3 master collection and then I hear the cd stop spinning and the message disappears. I realize I should have removed all prior programs trial or otherwise and I thought I did with this program but it doesnt seem to help. Not sure what to do now, there must be something still there because it still shows up in the add/remove programs.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

Using the Adobe CS3Clean ScriptIf you manually removed the Adobe Creative Suite or individual CS3 applications by moving the application folders to the trash and are having problems reinstalling the application(s), then run the Adobe CS3Clean Script before you try to reinstall.

Download the Adobe CS3Clean Script from http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html and follow the instructions included with the script.
http://forum.mininova.org/lofiversio...235011520.html
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
Registered Member

Hello Geek girl,

I was so excited to find that there is a cs3clean script. I read that I need to back up my computer first and began to with my WD fat32 but it will only go up to 4gb, so I looked up how to convert it to nfts but when I enter the code into the command prompt it then asks me for the current volume label but won't take anything I key in. I can't seem to find any info on formatting it instead. So I'm kind of stuck.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
Registered Member

O.K., I finally figured out how to format the ext drive from fat32 to nfts but I have to wait until the end of the day to backup the drive because it takes so long. Then I will run the adobe cleaner and will post the result.