Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

cannot open ie, google chrome and firefox

This is a discussion on cannot open ie, google chrome and firefox within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my winxp don't know why cannot open cannot open ie, google chrome and firefox now? yesterday still work fine

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

my winxp don't know why cannot open cannot open ie, google chrome and firefox now? yesterday still work fine

Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You didn't give us a lot to work with, so it's hard to know what your problem is Try a System Restore to yesterday. If you can be more specific we can try to help your further. If System Restore fails you may have malware. Head over to the Security Section and post there for more help.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Old 03-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
- Microsoft Support

Are you able to boot the system into Safe Mode? Restart the system, press F8 before Windows begins to load and select Safe Mode. See if the browsers work in that mode.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! IE pops up randomly! Pop-up blocker is enabled and using Google Chrome browser!
Hi! I've done everything you told me on my last post. Thanks for telling me what to do so that you could analyze my problem properly! Once again, here's my problem. IE keeps on popping up randomly even though I have pop-up blocker enabled. I've read some posts regarding this and I was under the...
hidingbehind Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 03-19-2011 07:18 AM
Google Chrome and Firefox security sidestepped by new phishing fraud
A new phishing scam that targets bank and PayPal passwords and other consumer data that criminals use to loot private accounts is designed to beat security built in to Firefox and Chrome web browsers. As part of their security packages, these browsers receive URLs of known phishing sites and...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-18-2011 01:24 PM
Google patches Pwn2Own WebKit bug in Chrome
Google has patched a WebKit flaw in its Chrome browser that was exploited by a multinational team to hack the BlackBerry Torch smartphone at Pwn2Own. Although Chrome was unchallenged at Pwn2Own, the browser relies on the open-source WebKit browser engine, and so needed to be patched. Friday's...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-14-2011 12:22 PM
Google fixes Chrome flaws before Pwn2Own
Google on Monday patched 19 vulnerabilities in Chrome, paying nine researchers $14,000 in bug bounties for reporting the flaws. As it did last year, Google beefed up the security of its browser a week before the kickoff of Pwn2Own, the annual hacking contest held at the CanSecWest security...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-02-2011 12:28 PM
Helps needed to solve redirect issues on Google Chrome
Hi, I started to have the re-direct issues with search results on Firefox . I installed Google Chrome, and then remove Firefox. The re-direct issues remain on Google Chrome. I ran SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareByte, but the problems persist. I need helps please. DDS log attached. DDS...
kiewkm Resolved HJT Threads 16 01-28-2011 01:44 AM