Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

Cannot log into email

This is a discussion on Cannot log into email within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi and HELP! My laptop will not let me log onto any email accounts ie.. Yahoo,Comcast etc... Nor will it

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi and HELP! My laptop will not let me log onto any email accounts ie.. Yahoo,Comcast etc... Nor will it let me log onto any secure account. Cannot figure out why. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 01-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to elf

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, chances are it is becuase of your security settings. You could always try a third party browser like Firefox.

If TSF has helped you, Tell us about it! or Donate to help keep the site up!
I do not subscribe to threads, so if I stop replying, PM me with a link to your thread so I can find it again.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Is there any way to change my security settings? I've tried several things but nothing seems to work.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Scroll down to the bottom and ensure your security settings are set up like the ones in the picture I attached below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	likethis.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	21988  

I do not subscribe to threads, so if I stop replying, PM me with a link to your thread so I can find it again.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
Registered Member

Ok tried that, but still get a cannot display page. Any other suggestions? THANKS!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi Donjulie!!

Can you try the suggestions on this page:
Internet Explorer Cannot Display Secure Web Pages in Windows XP

See whether that helped you
Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hey Everybody! Thanks for all your suggestions and help. I still am having no luck, I tried the system restore, all went well until I tried to run the SR Wizard and I kept getting a pop up saying Windows was having problems and wanted to shut down,I would lose anything I was working on etc... It also said I could notify Microsorf of problems with a send/not send buttons. (?) So... Now what?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi again Donjulie!!

So, it seems like you can't run the system restore, right? No worries at all. Did you check all the settings and configuration as in the article I provided?

Did you try other browser such as Firefox to confirm? You might want to give it a try first
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
Registered Member

Yes I checked all the settings and have also tried another browser with no luck. Still getting "page cannot be displayed"
Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #10
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi Donjulie!!

Can you try to browse any other usual website, such google.com or yahoo.com? Is it working and loading fine?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #11
Registered Member

disconnect the wireless router from the router. had the same problem with yahoo a while back
Old 01-18-2008, 11:24 PM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi again Donjulie!!

Is your issue resolved?

If it still not resolved, I hope you can try to power down the router modem, and disconnect ethernet cable from computer. Then, power back the modem, and reconnect the cable to the computer. Let' see if that helps.

If you still unable to browse any web page successfully, can you post the results of the ipconfig /all and ping google.com in next post
Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #13
Registered Member

I can bring up Google, MSN, Ask,Yahoo,Aol etc... I cannot get to anything secure. My email for one, but also if I bring up HSN for example, I can look at anything there but if I want to buy something it brings up the page cannot be displayed. So pretty much anything secure I can't get to. I have disconnected/reconnected, I have run sweeps, I have checked configurations and nothing. I should be able to restore it but I can't even do that, it won't run the restore/restore wizard.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...hp/t41067.html

Closed Thread